Terms & conditions, shipping info, returns policy
• I accept Paypal, ApplePay, GoogleWallet, credit cards and bank transfers.
• If you would like an invoice for your purchase you can access it from your Etsy account.
• Goods are not subject to VAT.
• Buyers are responsible for any custom duty and taxes levied by their country.
I am aware that the shipping costs may seem high but please read the reasons below.
SHIPPING CERAMICS IN THE UK
• Royal Mail are the only courier in the UK who offer insurance for loss. Sometimes – and it is rare – things go missing in transit and to minimise the hassle and cost, I send parcels via a tracked and signed service where possible.
• In the UK ceramics can not be insured for damage in the post so anything I send is at my own risk. ie, If your order breaks in transit you will get a full refund or replacement from me but I will not get compensation from Royal Mail. Therefore I take the time to carefully secure goods with lots of recycled padding in a strong box.
SHIPPING COSTS FOR MULTIPLE ITEMS
• Working out the shipping price for more than one item is not possible until I know the total value, weight and volume. I will do everything I can to keep postage costs to a minimum so please contact me for a shipping quote before buying more than one item. Alternatively please go ahead and order multiple goods and I will reimburse you for the excess postage costs when I have packed and weighed everything together.
• If you would like a purchase sent directly to someone as a gift, I'm happy to write a message from you – just let me know! Also I will include a packing slip which will not show the purchase price. If you'd like a receipt for your records, it can be downloaded from your Etsy account.
• I go to the post office on working days (Mondays to Fridays).
• Ready made items will be posted within 2 working days of your order.
• Custom orders are posted within the processing times shown on each individual listing.
• I'll let you know as soon as the item has been posted.
DELIVERY TO THE UK
• Airplants are delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery Tuesdays - Fridays by 1:00 pm and a signature will be required.
• All other items are shipped by Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For Confirmed service whose aim is 3 working days, a signature is required. Please allow extra time at busy times of the year, eg. Christmas.
• If you would like your parcel to arrive by 1 pm the next working day, upgrade to Special Delivery, with tracking, signature required.
DELIVERY TO EUROPE
• Items are shipped by Royal Mail International Tracked and/or Signed service whose aim is 5 working days, a signature is required. However parcels can be delayed by your country's customs or bad weather so the times shown are a guide only. Please allow extra time at busy times of the year, eg. Christmas.
• If you would like your parcel to arrive within 1-3 days please contact me for a DHL quote.
DELIVERY TO OTHER WORLD COUNTRIES
• Shipping is available to these countries: Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Ecuador, India, Indonisia, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Trinidad, UAE and US.
• Items are shipped by Royal Mail International Tracked and/or Signed service whose aim is 7 working days, a signature is required. However parcels can be delayed by your country's customs or bad weather so the times shown are a guide only. Please allow extra time at busy times of the year, eg. Christmas.
• If you would like your parcel to arrive within 1-5 days, please contact me for a DHL quote.
SHIPPING DELAY, LOSS OR DAMAGE
Delay, loss or damage during transit is out of my control.
If your package does not arrive by the due delivery date you can track its progress online. Details will be on your shipping notification. I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do about delayed items unless they are proven to be lost.
Goods are considered lost:
• UK. 14 days after the due delivery date
• Europe. 20 days after the due delivery date
• Rest of the world. 25 days after the due delivery date
Please contact me if you think your parcel is lost in the post.
If your order arrives damaged please contact me asap – I'm pleased to say that this has not happened so far because I pack goods very securely.
RETURNS AND REFUND POLICY
If you are not completely satisfied with the purchase of your item, please contact me within 14 days of receiving the goods, and return everything to me unused including all documentation, gift box/wrap, free tags, etc.
I recommend that you return the goods in the same packaging as supplied and use a service that includes insurance for loss. The parcel must be marked "FRAGILE" and you have to pay for the return delivery so please make sure you get proof of posting.
I reserve the right to withhold a refund for goods that get damaged on their return journey due to inadequate packaging.
Please note that the following items cannot be returned or refunded unless faulty:
Airplants – because they are perishable goods.
Bespoke or personalised items – because they are unique.
FINE & STERLING SILVER
To comply with UK and EU law, the total weight of unhallmarked silver components in any one piece of jewellery does not total more than 7.78 grams. Any silver over this weight will be hallmarked. Items with silver and/or turquoise content are unavailable to Australian customers due to import restrictions by the Australian customs.
COPYRIGHT & DESIGNRIGHT
Jude Winnall is a member of and supports the work of ACID (Anti Copying in Design). All the intellectual property rights in my designs and products (including the images, text, packaging and marketing material) are and will remain the property of Jude Winnall. Any infringements will be taken seriously www.acid.uk.com
Purchasing from VanillaKiln is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
I have a personal interest in my products, it's always nice to know what you think and I really welcome positive feedback. However if there is a problem with your order please do not leave negative feedback in the shop but contact me as soon as possible and I will do my best to help.